The IQA shall negotiate with national publishers for Publication of Initiatives and Feedback of proposed initiatives and periodically select a specific publication(s) that on certain days shall be distributed to all the Members. The IQA shall post their selection(s) prominently on their web site. U.S. citizens and organizations will publish proposed initiatives without copyright in a standard modest format. Frivolous, repeated or numerous submissions shall be an abuse of the right to propose initiatives. A unique numeric identification shall be assigned to each proposed initiative, with sub identification of revisions and comments, by a method agreed by the IQA and the publisher.
U.S. citizens and organizations will published materials that include:
- Source Initiatives, generally with brief reasons, pro and con summaries, and references.
- Revisions to previously published source Initiatives.
- Comment, opinions and feedback.
The IQA shall publish:
- An up-to-date searchable Internet database of all published Initiatives and comments on Initiatives from proposed to approved status with all revisions. There shall be no read-only restrictions on access. Only persons registered on the database, clearly identified as Citizens eligible to vote with confirmed Internet addresses, shall be permitted to post to the database. If a database of Citizens eligible to vote is not available, a default to Citizens registered to vote with a valid voter ID and valid personal data shall be used.
- The database shall contain a short list containing proposed initiatives that are under consideration for advancement so that readers can focus their comments effectively.
- Draft Candidate Initiatives shall be published on the IQA’s web site and copies sent by mail to major newspapers, magazines, and television media. They shall solicit published feedback.
- Candidate Initiatives being placed on the ballot. They shall be published on the IQA’s web site and copies sent by mail to major newspapers, magazines, and television media. Candidate Initiatives shall be sent to all Election Authorities.